Compensation for this post was provided by Discover card via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Discover card or AOL.
As three twenty-somethings who love to travel, we are always seeking out exciting weekend getaways to curb our wanderlust. Regardless of what budget any traveler has for a city stay, finding the best way to travel without breaking the bank is always our favorite! .
Though Dallas is our home, the city is constantly growing and evolving, so we are always exploring to stay up-to-date on what’s new! We’ve rounded up some of our favorite places and activities to share with you all for your next Dallas getaway. Despite the glitz and glamour of this Texas city, exploring on a budget is definitely accessible! Check out some of our favorites below and be sure to add Dallas to your must-see city list! (Don’t forget to give us a shout when you visit too!)
WHERE TO STAY
Off the Beaten Path:
[Travel Tip: Download the app Hotel Tonight to find the best rates for last-minute hotel stays – We’ve snagged SO many upscale boutique hotels for INCREDIBLE deals through these apps! Enter the code EFLOWERS11 in the promo code section when you open the app for $25 off your first hotel stay!]
WHERE TO EAT
- Mi Cocina Highland Park
- Mercat Bistro
- Cane Rosso
- CBD Provisions
- Zodiac at Neiman Marcus Downtown
- Food Trucks at Klyde Warren Park
WHERE TO SHOP
- The Shak at Stanley Korshak
- Forty Five Ten
- Neiman Marcus Downtown (Flagship Location!)
- Highland Park Village
- NorthPark Mall
- West Village
WHERE TO GRAB DRINKS
WHERE TO SWEAT:
- Exhale Spa at The Highland
- Pure Barre Preston Hollow
- bodyBar Studios
- Terlingo Cycle
- City Surf Fitness
WHAT TO DO
- Pack a picnic for a sunny day at the Dallas Arboretum
- Check out the local museums – Our recommendations: The DMA, The Nasher, The Perot Museum of Nature & Science, and the George W Bush Presidential Library on the beautiful SMU Campus (Pony Up!)
- Run (or walk) the Katy Trail and stop at the local restaurants along the way
- Listen to music or grab a bite from the food trucks at Klyde Warren Park
- Taste samples at the Dallas Farmers Market
- Explore your artsy side in the Bishop Arts District
- Visit the Grassy Knoll for a moment in history where the JFK Assassination took place
- Catch some live music in Deep Ellum
- Obligatory photo op: Pose as the “I” in the Dallas “BIG” signs scattered throughout the city
- Cross the beautiful Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge and venture into Trinity Groves for more flavors of the city
DALLAS TIPS & FACTS
- Margaritas and queso are a Dallas staple, so don’t leave the city without a taste!
- You can never be overdressed.
- Thursdays are always lively, so consider a “long weekend” for your next visit.
- Dallas is becoming known as the “city of lights”, so be on the lookout for a glowing skyline!
- Uber will become your best friend (If you are a first-time user, use our code “s1nax” for a free ride!)
Need help planning a visit? Email us at email@example.com. We’re happy to help!